Saturday 6 August 2016

Project Rome – additions to the Library.

Pursuing the possible expansion of the Seleucid collection I ordered three books from Amazon UK, volumes two and three of John Grainger’s Seleukid trilogy and a classic, Hannibal by Theodore Dodge.


I have not yet finished “The Seleukid Empire of Antiochus III” but the information contained in it has stimulated enough good ideas for scenarios and revision of my set of campaign rules.

Full reviews can be read at the following links.



Hannibal is from the Great Captains series written by Theodore Dodge and based on the two I currently have in my library, I purchased this title. Gustavus Adolphus and Caesar both have a large quantity of maps and not only does the author give an excellent biographical coverage but adds subsequent developments to each book, for example, the former title brings the reader through military events leading to the wars of Marlborough.  

The book Hannibal also covers the period of the pike to include Later Macedon and the empires of Seleucus and Ptolomey.

Cheers, 

No comments:

Post a Comment