Friday 20 January 2012

A commission work

I am painting up a DBA Lithuanian army comprised of Black Hat Miniatures. These were sculpted by Josef Ochmann for Metal Magic Miniatures, but in 2006 are now produced by Black Hat. Lovely castings and you can see the range with photos at Vexellia Ltd.

These figures could certainly fill the ranks of most nomadic armies as they are quite generic. As you can see, I have started with the horses and with the exception of the harness, they are now complete. Next step, I will paint up the foot and use similar tones for the mounted figures. This will give me some time to work on designs for the flags.

I had several years ago my own Lithuanian army modeled for the Battle of the Saule, under the command of King Mindaugas. I shall duplicate the Wolf standard for this army.

Cheers,

2 comments: