The Light Horse were a last minute addition to the Carolingian Franks. Delivery from Old Glory 15s in the US was delayed at Dutch Customs, but they arrived yesterday afternoon and nine cavalry were promptly cleaned and primed. The photos illustrate the process from start to finish.
I tape the plinths so they do not slide on the board as I rotate this to cover all four sides with a fine mist of spray paint.
The box helps contain the spray as in this country there is always a wind. That box has served for my undercoating projects for the past nine years.
With a previous experience of 36 knights painted in less than two days, I moved into high gear and started with the horse and everything else brown or shades thereof. This went fast as in a couple of hours everything was done with the exception of outline and highlighting.
The last photo show the Light Horse complete and ready for varnish. Basing and groundwork, they will be ready to ship to their destinations.
Due to the popularity of the Carolingian Franks (two have been sold) I decided to paint two more. To complete these I need only paint 36 more knights. These have already been cleaned, primed these and should be ready in a week.
However, from now until Sunday, I shall have little free time, so Monday next week I should be starting.